Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Guy I want to meet - Bundangbear



So I like hippie music.  Screw it, everyone's a hater.  The jams are too long, you have to be on drugs to like the music, the people are weird and smell, nobody wears shoes, you got hit in the eye with a glowstick once, I get the criticisms.  Most of this stuff is valid.  But let me tell you one thing: you will never find people like Bundangbear here at a Miley Cyrus concert or paying $275 on stub-hub to see Lil Wayne at the Wachovia Center in Philly. 

I stumbled onto Bundangbear while casually listening to music on YouTube, and let me tell you, this guy altered the course of my week.  Hes like a hairy Buddah without the wisdom, emitting the same good vibes from his fantastic belly.  Having been to a number of hippie concerts I can tell you that a pure hippie like this guy just doesn't come around anymore.  Most modern day hippies are weird, useless people with borderline personalities.  They contribute nothing to society, and give the God Damn It vibe that us normal hippie sympathizers have to constantly fight against.  However, Bundangbear breaks that mold. 

Upon further research, he teaches English to Koreans over the internet, he travels, and he goes to parking lots to spread happiness and check out scenes for his over 3,000 YouTube followers.  I challenge anyone not to smile when Bundangbear sing-shouts "Bundangbear! Its me, its really me."  People take themselves too seriously, and Bundangbear is just out there taking it all in.  Hats off to you Bundangbear, you joyful cave creature you. 

I want to meet this guy and ask him what he does the other 9 months of the year when jam bands aren't on their summer tours.  I have $20 on "Plays Dungeons and Dragons"  (-110)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment