Monday, March 14, 2011

God Damn It Person of the Day - New York Liberty Guard Cappie Pondexter


ESPN - New York Liberty guard Cappie Pondexter has apologized after causing an Internet uproar with comments on her Twitter account that were deemed insensitive toward victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami. On Saturday, Pondexter tweeted: "What if God was tired of the way they treated their own people in there own country! Idk guys he makes no mistakes." She later tweeted: "u just never knw! They did pearl harbor so u can't expect anything less." Pondexter also used used the racially derogatory term "jap," when referring to someone who was offended by her comments.  "I wanna apologize to anyone I may hurt or offended during this tragic time," the tweet said. "I didn't realize that my words could be interpreted in the manner which they were. People that knw me would tell u 1st hand I'm a very spiritual person and believe that everything, even disasters happen 4 a reason and that God will shouldn't be questioned but this is a very sensitive subject at a very tragic time and I shouldn't even have given a reason for the choice of words I used.

Cappie really holds a grudge huh?  I guess after 70 years and 2 nuclear bombs she thinks we need a Tsunami to really remind the Japanese what happens when you fuck with the United States.  Cappie, I'm still pretty angry at the Germans because they "did the Holocaust," can your boy God maybe send some tornadoes to Munich or something for me? Can you ask him to go old school this time and send Locusts or Boils to Berlin?   I mean, "you can't expect anything less" right?  It has to be greater than or equal to a tsunami, that's the scale, and "God's will shouldn't be questioned."

I do have to say though she is absolutely right about the whole "God was tired of the way they treated [their] own people in their own country," thing.  If nobody is going to stop the Japanese government from providing universal health care and world-leading public transportation systems then God has no choice but to start casually sending in tidal waves and earthquakes right?  He's only missed the last two or three hundred opportunities to stop oppressive governments, he'll be damned if hes gonna mess this one up!  Hey Libya, hide ya kidz, hide ya wives, because God is tidal-waving oppressive governments up in here.


Sarcasm aside, there are few things I hate more than when religious nut-jobs use the old "everything happens for a reason" and "he makes no mistakes" as the catch-all excuse for the fallibility of their deity.  Everything happens for a reason?  Really?  I ordered a sandwich the other day and the guy behind the counter used honey mustard in lieu of regular mustard and messed up my entire sandwich balance.  It ruined my entire lunch.  Did that happen for a reason?

Hey Cappie, you're a role model to millions hundreds of young WNBA fans, how about you focus on improving your grammar skills and leave the theology to the scholars and the clergy.  God damn it those were some stupid tweets.


PS - Doesn't Cappie Pondexter look like veteran character actor Steve Harris?

No comments:

Post a Comment